Everyone loves to have a clean house but hates to clean. According to the statistics, Americans spend about 40 minutes for a day cleaning of their homes. Most of us prefer to use such time for enjoyable activities rather than for home cleaning. However, you can reclaim this precious time with these cleaning tips from professional home cleaning service provided by Live Clean Today who knows the best way to clean your house fast.
Most homeowners wonder whether they should clean the kitchen before the bathroom, or vice versa. They aren’t sure if they should vacuum or dust first. You can follow this step-by-step guide, based on hard-earned experience of the experts of home cleaning service.
Be ready to see your home looking twice as spotless in half the time!
- Shaving cream helps to eliminate upholstery stains – With the help of shaving cream, you can remove stain. Rub it into the stain, let it sit for overnight, and then blot it dry. Before this procedure, test this method out on a hidden area of your couch before putting it to use, in order not to damage the fabric.
- Grapefruit and salt help scrub the bathtub – Don’t forget to buy an extra grapefruit at the supermarket – not for eating, but for cleaning. According to the experts, this fruit is an ideal solution for your dirty tub. They recommend cutting the fruit open and covering it in salt because salt makes an abrasive texture while the citric acid in this citrus fruit will help remove stains.
- Microwave helps to disinfect your sponges – Your kitchen sponge, used for cleaning, dishes, utensils, countertops, spreads millions of bacteria throughout your home. However, you can solve this problem – make sure your sponge doesn’t have any metal scrubbers, slightly dampen and pop it in the microwave for 90 seconds. According to the Journal of Environmental Health, the amount of bacterial contamination can be reduced up to 99 percent.
- Baking soda will help you to freshen up a mattress – First vacuum your mattress, and then apply an ample sprinkling of baking soda to it. Let it sit for a few hours, baking soda absorbs odors. Vacuum again your mattress and it will be clean. Do it at least once a month and this method will help you limit the bacterial contamination and allergy-provoking dust on your bed.
- Vinegar and a steam iron help remove carpet stains – If you have children, carpet stains are all too common. However, it is not a problem if you have some vinegar, some water, and a steam iron. This method will help you eliminate any unsightly spots on the carpet. All you need is to mix vinegar and water (ratio 1:3), apply this combination to the stain, cover the stain with a wet cloth and then steam it for 30 seconds. Your carpet will look good as new in mere minutes!
- Vinegar helps you clean out your coffee maker – Our coffee maker is a veritable hotbed of bacterial activity so we can ingest some of that icky stuff along with dark roast. We don’t pay a great attention to our coffee makers and don’t clean them as often as we should be. A monthly vinegar rinse helps to clean your coffee maker. All you have to do is to fill the reservoir with a few tablespoons of white vinegar mixed with water then run it. Don’t forget to run it once more but only with water if you don’t want your coffee maker has lingering vinegar smell.
- Ammonia helps stove burners look clean – Try to wash the burner parts with water and soap. If they are very dirty, put them in a large sandwich bag with a quarter-cup of ammonia, close up and leave them to soak overnight. In the morning, you will be able simply to wipe off that gunk with ease.
- Vacuum can clean your blinds – Cleaning blinds takes a lot of time and we can say that it is a thankless task. So, to make this task quicker and easier, you can use the upholstery attachment on your vacuum to clean blinds or you can place a dryer sheet in a pair of tongs and wipe off your blinds.
- Lemon helps you clean your cutting boards – Wooden cutting boards can’t be popped into the dishwasher as you can do with plastic ones. However, you can rub them with some lemon and salt to get out those difficult stains. Sprinkle some salt on your wooden cutting board, and rub it with half a lemon. Let this mixture sit for a few minutes. Then, rinse a board with clean water, and it will be virtually spotless.
- A dry cloth can clean your TV screen – Don’t spray chemicals or water directly onto your sensitive TV screen. To remove dust or other debris, wipe the screen with a dry cloth but don’t press too hard. You can use a slightly dampened cloth for tougher stains, but don’t spray water directly to the screen, you can damage the television.