Nothing can be better, when you come to a clean and sparkling home. Even the tidiest homes require a good deep cleaning from time to time. Cleaning home can be an easy process even doing it from top to bottom, all you need is to break it down into smaller, and more controlled tasks. It will be easier to clean room by room or appliance by appliance with house cleaning tips from organizing and cleaning professionals.
Here we offer our recommendations for deep house cleaning, you’ll start with six basic tasks. Follow this cleaning checklist when you want to host company or when your daily messes have started to pile up. Also, you can take this tips for your annual cleaning process in the spring or fall. All these steps will lead to a clean and tidy home where you can rest.
How Often Does Your House Require Deep Cleaning?
The checklist for deep house cleaning can be held every three to four months, but kitchen or bathroom requires more often cleaning. Try to clean your house thoroughly as the seasons change, paying more attention to spring and fall cleaning.
Tasks Before Deep Cleaning
To easy the process, start with these deep cleaning tips for better cleaning in your house.
- Declutter your home – Before doing a deep cleaning, provide a light one. Pick up all things that are on the floor, on top of counters and tabletops. It will help you get to the places you need to clean.
- Plan your cleaning checklist – Try to make a detailed plan that will include what rooms and when you will clean first. Write how much time a thorough cleaning will take to complete it. It will be easier if you break the work up into multiple days or even weeks. If you don’t have enough time for cleaning, or your house is big, you can hire a professional cleaning company.
- Set yourself up for success – Think thoroughly if you have everything you’ll need before you start cleaning. Choose what cleaning supplies you need, for example: baking soda, dish soap, sponges, mineral oil, broom, white vinegar, mop, brush with stiff bristles, gloves, vacuum cleaner, etc.
How to clean your kitchen thoroughly
The kitchen always requires a thorough cleaning, since it’s used frequently, so the dirt and bacteria from food can cover many surfaces. Clean your room daily and complete these tasks seasonally to keep your kitchen sparkling.
- Refrigerator cleaning – Take everything out, so it will be easier for you to throw away food debris from the shelves and inside walls. Wipe down the fronts of the refrigerator and freezer; don’t forget to disinfect the door handles.
- Disinfect the countertops – Wipe down your countertops, counters and backsplash with an all-purpose cleaner. Use warm water and a toothbrush for scrubbing the grout.
- Clean the Cabinets, drawers and shelves – With warm water and dish soap, wipe down the inside of all these areas.
- Clean kitchen appliances – Wash kitchen appliances with dish soap and warm water. Try to wipe down the inside and outside of them. If some items are extra greasy, soak them in a mixture of warm water, vinegar and baking soda for 20 minutes and then wipe them down with a sponge.
How to clean your bedroom thoroughly
Few things feel better than sleeping in the clean bedroom. It is not enough only to change your sheets regularly, but there are many areas you need to pay more attention to.
- Sheets and pillowcases washing – Don’t forget to wash the sheets, pillowcases and pillows according to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Throw away those that are torn or stained.
- Mattress Cleaning – For cleaning mattress, use baking soda. Sprinkle it on top of the mattress and scrub with a brush. Leave it for an hour and then vacuum it.
- Carpets vacuuming – Vacuum your carpet and then shampoo it, washing with warm water and a sponge to clean.
- Windows cleaning – If the windows look dirty, use a glass cleaner and microfiber cloth to wash them. Then let them dry.
- Wood furniture dusting – Use a microfiber cloth to dust wooden dressers, nightstands, lamps, light fixtures, picture frames and wall art.
How to clean your bathroom thoroughly
It’s important to clean your bathrooms deeply every few months especially when you host guests or during flu season.
- Toilet cleaning – To clean your toilet thoroughly you can use castile soap for the sides of the bowl and then scrub it with your toilet brush.
- Floor mopping – Mop floor in the bathroom with warm water and dish soap. Don’t forget about such areas as corners, behind the toilet, and between the vanity.
- Sink, tub and shower scrubbing – Combine warm water and baking soda to make as a paste. Then scrub your sink tub and shower with this mixture and a microfiber cloth. Take vinegar and spray over it, scrubbing thoroughly, and then rinse.
- Towels washing – Place your towels into the washing machine, and change them for clean ones. Throw away those that are worn out.
- Mirror washing – Wipe down the mirror, light fixtures and bathroom vent with a microfiber cloth in your bathroom. Try to do it before cleaning the floors to remove any dust that falls.
Drawers and cabinets cleaning
Wipe down all drawers and cabinets in your bathroom. Don’t forget to make inventory of items in your cabinets, what you need and what can be tossed out.
When you clean your house thoroughly on seasons, it is a good way to get rid of the dust, dirt and clutter for a long time. In addition, our tips will help you reorganize your clothes, furniture and supplies for various times of the year.