How to get rid of stinky smells in your home?
Homeowners don't like to talk about household odors, but it’s important to know how to get rid of smell in house. You can find different reasons why a terrible smell stays in your house. Some smells can indicate possible danger, such as mold growth or rotting. Also smells of food or animals can linger in your rooms. These problems require professional cleaning. Many people try to remove unwanted scents using air fresheners. However, they don't understand that these products can only mask smells and do nothing to eliminate them.
No matter how many times you mop your floors and clean your house, odors will exist in your everyday life. Your everyday life is a reason of different odors.
It isn't very helpful to use deodorizer or scented candles in your house. It is better to use coffee grounds, baking soda, lemons, or distilled white vinegar for eliminating odors in home. So here you can read what can cause unpleasant smells in your house and tips how to remove them.
Why Does My House Smell Like A Dead Animal?
Such smell can occur when an animal died in your house and can last for month.
If you want to remove bad odors in your house, take a plastic container and pour distilled white vinegar in it. Also cover it with a lid with holes. Then put the container in a corner of the room where the unpleasant smell is. With the help of vinegar, you can eliminate smell of a dead animal, because it absorbs the odor and over time, the smell will disappear.
What Can I Do If There Is Pet Odors In My house?
Try to bath and groom your pets regularly. When you wash your best friends, you can eliminate smells. So what can you do for getting rid of home odors:
- When washing your pets, mix 1/4 cup of baking soda with 1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide and 1 teaspoon of mild dishwashing liquid.
- You can pour 1/2 inch of vinegar and baking soda in the litter box of your pets. Leave for a few hours. Then wash it and let it dry.
- Sprinkle baking soda on carpets in your house, leave it for 30 minutes, and then vacuum it.
- Vacuum your furniture regularly but use eco-friendly products if you don’t want to hurt your animals.
- You can also use baking soda instead of home air fresheners.
- If you want to get rid of smells, try to wash the objects that your fluffy friends use. These actions can also improve your pets’ health.
These recommendations are very useful if you want these odors will disappear. However, if you have problems yet, call Live Clean Today. Our experts know how to complete our job professionally. We have green products and modern equipment that are very effective for eliminating odor in home.
How To Remove Smells In Your Trash Can?
Your trash can have stinky smells in your kitchen because of food spills and waste. If you want to freshen cans, you need to wash them inside and out. For this purpose, use warm soapy water to wash it, and then dry it thoroughly.
What can you do to prevent odors in future?
- Throw lemon or orange in the bottom of the trash can.
- Dust the bottom of the can with baking soda, scented cat litter or unused coffee grounds.
How To Remove Smoke Odor From Your House?
Sometimes it can be very difficult to remove smoke odor, because tobacco residue stays throughout the entire affected area. We don't have a universal formula that that you can use to eliminate tobacco residues and smells.
The best way to get rid of smoke odor is to perform thorough cleaning of your rooms especially surfaces. For deodorizing, we use special agents to get rid odors house.
After cleaning the surfaces, our professionals use modern equipment to eliminate the very last of the smoke. Our specialized equipment includes such as ozone or hydroxyl generators to remove the particles of odor effectively.
Then we use special product to seal smoke residues that will close the very last of the odors. After the last procedure, you can paint the surfaces. If you need to remove smoke effectively, it is better to call professionals like Lice Clean Today.
What To Do If Your Refrigerator Smells Fishy?
For removing room odors especially in your fridge, first start cleaning from the shelves. To wash all shelves, you can use a special solution such as warm water and baking soda, then clean them, using white vinegar and water. You can place a box of baking soda in your refrigerator to prevent odors.
How To Eliminate Other Odors In Your Home?
Unpleasant smells can stay in places like the kitchen or bathroom. They penetrate in such areas as carpets or fabrics. We want to recommend you some not expensive tips so you can know how to get rid of odor in home:
- The first step you need to take is to remove the source of odor. It will be easy to fix the problem if you can identify it. For example when you know that it is something wrong with your plumbing, you can fit it and remove bad odors.
- Try to keep your hard surfaces (tables, walls, hard floors and others) always clean, wash them with water and white vinegar.
- Don't forget to clean your carpets and upholstery also. If you want to know how to eliminate odor in house, especially in carpets, use baking soda. Sprinkle it on the carpets, and then leave it overnight. The next day, vacuum the baking soda from the carpet.
- For upholstery, you can use white vinegar to absorb the odor. With the help of a spray bottle, sprinkle it on the upholstery. Leave it to dry. Don't worry, the bad odor will disappear with the smell of vinegar.
How Can I Make My House Smell Fresh?
It is important to know how to eliminate house odors because bad odors can be terrible. So you can improve the air quality in your home if you eliminate the source of the smell and reduce the levels of air pollutants that can lead to health problems.
Following our tips to remove stinky smells can take some time. But don't forget about regular cleaning and well-ventilated rooms. Your home will be cleaner, and your family will be healthier!
For professional cleaning services in homes affected by tobacco smoke, contact your Live Clean Today. Our professionals stand ready to come to your house's rescue 24/7!