Cleaning your house this weekend? Or is it time for some deep cleaning already? Whether you are doing some light cleaning or cleaning from room to room thoroughly, getting your house sparkling clean is never an easy task. Maybe that’s why some of us opt for home cleaning services whenever we can.
And while that’s okay, sometimes you might just have to do the cleaning yourself. And one way of ensuring you get the job done effectively but easily is by having the right cleaning products. So what cleaning products do you need to clean the house? Here is the list of our five essential house cleaning products.
- White Vinegar – White vinegar is a must-have cleaning product in every household. It is not only a multi-purpose cleaning product, but it is also extremely effective and outstanding in its performance. Whether you want to cut the grease on your kitchen appliances, eliminate bad odor in your garbage disposal or get glass shining, white vinegar is perfect for the job. If you have ever outsourced home cleaning services, then you must have seen white vinegar in their house cleaning kit, because you can never go wrong with it.
- Bleach – Every household needs to have good bleach available for cleaning purposes. Bleach is not only effective in getting rid of dirt, mold, and grout between tiles but is also an effective disinfectant. To kill germs and viruses in your household that could cause diseases, trust bleach. But because of the harmful nature of bleach, it is always recommended to follow the diluting instructions on the package, wear rubber gloves when using it and ensure proper ventilation to avoid breathing in the fumes. Also, bleach is very abrasive, so you should not use it for every day cleaning needs, but rather when deep cleaning or thorough cleaning your house.
- All-Purpose Cleaner – For everyday cleaning of all the surfaces in your house, go for an all-purpose cleaner. Just as the name suggests, irrespective of the brand, an all-purpose cleaner should be friendly for cleaning all hard surfaces as well as be suitable for various cleaning tasks around the house. Ideally, an all-purpose cleaner can be a solvent, a detergent, a disinfectant, and a de-greaser all in one. And this is why it is a handy cleaning product. So if you can only have one cleaner for the entire house, then an all-purpose cleaner is your best bet.
- Limescale Remover – If you live in an area where hard water is prevalent, then you probably already know what limescale is and how difficult it can be to get rid of. Limescale can be found in home appliances such as your kettle and dishwasher, around taps and on shower screens. It is white and sometimes chalky or hard. Other than being unsightly, when limescale builds up, it can cause your appliances to not function at optimum. This is why it is crucial to invest in a limescale remover as part of your essential house cleaning products. If hard water is not prevalent in your household, but you have some limescale in a few areas, then using a lemon should work just fine for you. Cut the lemon in half, rub the juices on the limescaled area then wipe it clean after 30 minutes.
- Furniture Polish – To give your wood items in the house that attractive shine and extra gleam, use furniture polish. Furniture polish cleans wood items effectively, does not leave watermarks behind, and protects the wood at the same time to increase its longevity. Wood furniture and other wood items require to be handled with care for them to be of service for long. Therefore, even when you have your house cleaned through home cleaning services always put in a request for furniture polish to be part of the cleaning kit.
There You Have It!
With our five essential house cleaning products, we guarantee your house cleaning sessions will be less of a hustle and more enjoyable. There’s nothing quite satisfying like breathing in the pristine fresh air and seeing your house sparkling after hours spent cleaning. That’s what we hope you will be able to achieve thanks to our cleaning products recommendations.
But remember if you would like to take a break or would prefer letting professionals handle the job, you can always outsource reliable and expert home cleaning services providers.