How to Revive Old Carpets?
- This laundry aid is also an effective disinfectant, but be careful.
Your carpet can be succumb to dirt, spills and other things caused by kids and pets. Over time, it begins to show its age before you're ready to replace it. Such worn carpet gives your room an unclean feeling. It is great if you know how to revive old carpet, it will help you avoid replacing your old carpet. If you are ready to invest your time and effort, old carpet cleaning can salvage your old carpet and bring new life to your floors.
If cleaned properly, your old carpet can look new. Sometimes you may need to save money and it would be expensive for you to replace your old carpet. Old carpet cleaning can make it look new again without spending money for a new one. Establishing how badly worn and stained your carpet is will help determine if the old carpet is salvageable. These steps will help get you started no matter what type of carpet you have.
- Remove all furniture - You need to remove all furniture and fittings from the room to have full access to the carpet without things getting in the way. It will help you understand how old, badly worn or stained your carpet is, and if it’s salvageable.
- Vacuum your carpet - To remove loose dirt, dust and debris, vacuum the carpet thoroughly. If you don’t want to leave out any portions of the carpet, try to work in small sections.
- Prepare a solution for carpet cleaning - Such solution for carpet cleaning consists of equal parts of white vinegar and water. Use a clean sponge or cloth for the solution to pretreat most food and pet stains.
- Continue to clean your carpet - With the help of paper towel blot fresh ink, grease, oil to remove them, or with the help of a dull plastic utensil or tool get rid of hardened grease. Cover the stain with baby powder or cornstarch, and leave it for three to four hours before vacuuming it. For removing the residual stain, use a solution of equal parts of hot water and vinegar.
- Try to hide burns in your carpet - If you want to hide small burns in your carpet, cut away some fibers from unnoticeable areas of the carpet in different sections. Spread some glue into the burnt hole and fill it with the carpet fibers that you cut away. Leave it for 2-3 hours for the glue to dry before you cut away any fibers that stick up too high.
- Use a steam cleaner - A steam cleaner will help you to clean deep your old carpet. You can rent such steam cleaner from your local grocery store or home improvement store if you don't have your own. Steam cleaning or also known as hot water extraction method is eco-friendly and the most effective way to clean dirty carpets and rugs thoroughly. A steam cleaner helps remove stains you never thought would get out, and makes your carpet impressively cleaner. Be sure to use the steam cleaner according to the manufacturer instructions to receive the best results.
- Use baking soda to eliminate bad odors - With the help of baking soda, you can eliminate lingering odors. Sprinkling some baking soda over the dry carpet and leave it to sit overnight. Baking soda draws bad odors out of your carpet. Don't forget to vacuum the carpet in the morning after giving the baking soda time to absorb odors from the carpet, it should be free from any unwanted smells.
If you want to protect your carpet, you should know how to revive your old carpet. Use these tricks to repair your old carpet and give it a new lease of life. Such methods can take your efforts and some time, but it is worthy to make your old carpet look new again.
If your carpet needs a little bit more help when it comes to restoration, Live Clean Today will help you clean and restore your older carpet. To have your carpet professionally as well as deep cleaned, contact Live Clean Today and schedule your carpet cleaning today.